The smartphone market is becoming increasingly competitive, with a handful of major brands dominating the market. According to Counterpoint Research, nearly 500 smartphone brands have left the market since 2017.
There are a number of factors that are contributing to this consolidation. One is the increasing cost of developing and marketing smartphones. As technology advances, smartphones are becoming more complex and expensive to produce. This makes it difficult for smaller brands to compete with the larger, more established brands.
Another factor is the maturing user base. Consumers are becoming more discerning in their smartphone purchases, and they are more likely to choose brands that they trust. This is making it difficult for new brands to enter the market.
Also Read:- Apple iPhone 15 Sale In India Starts.
The COVID-19 pandemic and the global economic slowdown have also had a negative impact on the smartphone market. Many Smartphone Brands Have Left the Market have struggled to survive during these challenging times.
The consolidation of the smartphone market is likely to continue in the coming years. As the market matures, it is likely that we will see a handful of major brands dominating the market.
Here are some of the major Smartphone Brands Have Left the Market since 2017:
Impact of consolidation on consumers
The consolidation of the smartphone market has both positive and negative implications for consumers.
On the positive side, it means that consumers have a wider choice of high-quality smartphones. The major brands are constantly innovating and releasing new products with new features.
On the negative side, consolidation can lead to higher prices. When there are fewer brands to choose from, consumers have less bargaining power. Additionally, consolidation can lead to less competition and innovation.
Overall, the impact of consolidation on consumers is mixed. It is important for consumers to do their research and choose a smartphone that meets their needs and budget.
Tips for consumers
Here are some tips for consumers in the consolidating smartphone market:
- Do your research and compare smartphones from different brands.
- When selecting a smartphone, take your demands and budget into account.
- Don’t be afraid to buy a smartphone from a smaller brand. There are a number of great smaller brands that offer high-quality smartphones at competitive prices.
- Take advantage of deals and promotions. Many retailers offer discounts on smartphones, especially during the holiday season.
- Consider buying a used smartphone. There are a number of websites and apps where you can buy used smartphones in good condition.
#Smartphone Brands Have Left the Market